Re: 6.8.5: Location of CURRENT_DATE unclear

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 6.8.5: Location of CURRENT_DATE unclear
Date: 2003-04-12 04:16:18
Lists: pgsql-docs

Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> writes:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The latter, as you could easily have found by experiment.

> In fact, I did find that out by experiment. My real question, I guess,
> is "is there some good reason not to have this information in the
> documentation?" (In fact, I'm sure the answer is "no,"

Certainly.

> so more the real
> question is, "Is my whinging enough to get someone to add it, or do I
> have to get off my lazy ass and submit a patch?")

If you submit a doc patch, it'll get done ;-).

Seriously, the docs are all too much written by people who already knew
the answers. I like doc patches from people who found something out the
hard way, because they tend to put the info where they expected to find
it --- which isn't necessarily where the original developer thought to
document it, but *is* likely to be where other users would look.