Re: Problem with trigger function in C

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joe Halpin" <jhalpin100(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with trigger function in C
Date: 2008-10-28 20:01:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Joe Halpin" <jhalpin100(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I'm new at this and I apologize if I got the wrong list, but I'm
> trying to write a trigger function in C which is linked in with
> libxqilla and is supposed to run an xquery against some xml we have
> stored in a column. I find that when the function is entered fcinfo is
> null, which causes a segfault.

AFAIK the only way fcinfo would be null is if PG didn't think that the
function was V1 call convention. I see that you do have the
PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1 macro in there, which eliminates the most obvious
explanation. Are you sure that the SQL-level CREATE FUNCTION command
references this function name and not some other one?