Re: Manual fixing of plpgsql_call_handler binary location

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Adam Haberlach <adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Manual fixing of plpgsql_call_handler binary location
Date: 2003-06-28 05:25:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
>>> Will I destroy things if I execute
>>> update pg_proc set probin = '/usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so' where proname = 'plpgsql_call_handler';
>>
>> Nope ... that's what I'd probably do.

> Even better change it to '$libdir/plpgsql.so'.

Good point. In fact the really preferred spelling (which you'd get from
a fresh 'createlang' run) is just '$libdir/plpgsql'. Both the path and
the shlib extension are better left to the backend to supply than to
hardwire in. I'm possibly more aware of this than most folk, since I
like to use HPUX which spells the shlib extension ".sl" ...