Re: pgsql: Add parallel-aware hash joins.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add parallel-aware hash joins.
Date: 2018-01-24 19:57:04
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> I find that to be a completely bogus straw-man argument. The point of
> looking at the prairiedog time series is just to see a data series in
> which the noise level is small enough to discern the signal. If anyone's
> got years worth of data off a more modern machine, and they can extract
> a signal from that, by all means let's consider that data instead.

Just to make the point, I scraped the numbers for skink's "installcheck"
and "check" steps, which are data series I imagine at least Andres will
concede are worth paying attention to. I made no attempt to clean
outliers, so these curves are pretty noisy, but I think there is a very
clear upward bump since mid-December.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 4.8 KB