Re[2]: BUG #16365: recieve smart shutdown after system start

From: Пивницкий Роман <prd87(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re[2]: BUG #16365: recieve smart shutdown after system start
Date: 2020-04-15 15:05:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thanks for the answer.
The only thing that united all the servers on which this behavior manifested was a shutdown on command from the UPS.
The UPS software has now changed. There was apcupsd, became chick-monitoring.
However, the behavior of postgresql persisted.
Completion does not apply to any other system processes. But it applies to all elements of the cluster (i.e., it was originally 1 - main, now there are 2 of them).

>Среда, 15 апреля 2020, 17:53 +04:00 от Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>:

>PG Bug reporting form < noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org > writes:
>> On some servers, we began to encounter the "strange" behavior of
>> postgresql.
>> When shutting down the server at the command of UPS (shutdown now). The next
>> time you turn on postgresql, it gets smart shutdown immediately at startup
>Something is sending the server a SIGTERM signal. This is not a
>Postgres bug, it's something else in your system doing something
>it shouldn't.
>
>regards, tom lane

С уважением.