Re: Buildfarm now building but with test failures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Mike Fowler" <mike(at)mlfowler(dot)com>
Cc: "Dave Cramer" <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Buildfarm now building but with test failures
Date: 2012-01-04 16:26:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

"Mike Fowler" <mike(at)mlfowler(dot)com> writes:
> HEAD is failing in a completely different way. A sample from the logs:
> [junit] ERROR: language "SQL" does not exist

I believe that's something Robert changed recently. We used to forcibly
downcase language names even if quoted, but he successfully argued that
that was inconsistent and unnecessary. So I'm guessing your test suite
contains CREATE FUNCTION ... LANGUAGE "SQL", and you should remove the
quotes.

[ digs in logs... ] Ah, here we are:

Author: Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Branch: master [67dc4eed4] 2011-11-17 14:25:18 -0500

Remove ancient downcasing code from procedural language operations.

A very long time ago, language names were specified as literals rather
than identifiers, so this code was added to do case-folding. But that
style has ben deprecated for many years so this isn't needed any more.
Language names will still be downcased when specified as unquoted
identifiers, but quoted identifiers or the old style using string
literals will be left as-is.