Re: Segfault when restoring -Fd dump on current HEAD

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Segfault when restoring -Fd dump on current HEAD
Date: 2019-02-26 23:02:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hmm, shouldn't we modify sanitize_line so that it returns strdup(hyphen)
> when input is empty and want_hyphen, too?

If this patch is touching the behavior of functions like that, then
it's going in the wrong direction; the need for any such change suggests
strongly that you've failed to restore the old behavior as to which TOC
fields can be null or not.

There might be reason to make such cleanups/improvements separately,
but let's *not* fuzz things up by doing them in the corrective patch.