Re: Locating sharedir in PostgreSQL on Windows

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Mark Cave-Ayland <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)ilande(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Locating sharedir in PostgreSQL on Windows
Date: 2007-11-26 16:55:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Am Montag, 26. November 2007 schrieb Mark Cave-Ayland:
>> I'm working on a piece of code for PostGIS to allow the loading of
>> projection configuration files from the share/postgresql directory, but

> The share directory is the wrong place for configuration files anyway. And
> moreover, non-PostgreSQL packages have no business putting files into
> PostgreSQL's private directories.

That doesn't seem logical to me. We expect tsearch configuration files
to be put into $sharedir/tsearch_data, so why shouldn't PostGIS use a
similar approach to dealing with external configuration data?

I'm not sure why Mark's having a problem accessing my_exec_path ---
it *is* declared DLLIMPORT in miscadmin.h (which is where it counts,
AIUI) clear back to 8.0.