Re: [Proposal] Add accumulated statistics for wait event

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Yoshikazu Imai <imai(dot)yoshikazu(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Add accumulated statistics for wait event
Date: 2020-01-12 19:11:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, passed
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: not tested
Documentation: tested, passed

I like this patch, because I used similar functionality some years ago very successfully. The implementation is almost simple, and the result should be valid by used method.

The potential problem is performance impact. Very early test show impact cca 3% worst case, but I'll try to repeat these tests.

There are some ending whitespaces and useless tabs.

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author