Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance

From: legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date: 2019-12-24 11:12:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Yugo Nagata wrote
> On Mon, 23 Dec 2019 03:41:18 -0700 (MST)
> legrand legrand &lt;

> legrand_legrand@

> &gt; wrote:
>
> [ ...]
>
>> I would even
>> prefer a common "table" shared between all sessions like GLOBAL TEMPORARY
>> TABLE (or something similar) as described here:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/157703426606.1198.2452090605041230054.pgcf%40coridan.postgresql.org#331e8344bbae904350af161fb43a0aa6
>
> Although I have not looked into this thread, this may be help if this is
> implemented. However, it would be still necessary to truncate the table
> before the view maintenance because such tables always exist and can be
> accessed and modified by any users.
>
> --
> Yugo Nagata &lt;

> nagata(at)(dot)co

> &gt;

For information, in this table data is PRIVATE to each session, can be
purged on the ON COMMIT event and disappear at SESSION end.
Yes, this feature could be utile only if it's implemented. And you are rigth
some data has to be deleted
on the ON STATEMENT event (not sure if TRUNCATE is Global or Session
specific in this situation).

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html