Re: Dump database more than 1 flat file

From: "A(dot)Burbello" <burbello3000(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Postgres Adm List <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dump database more than 1 flat file
Date: 2007-12-19 23:34:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

Sorry to insist in this question, but now I was doing
some test and I notice that is a good idea to use
split utility.

This is because the output file got X bytes specified,
cut the rest of the line and will not import after.

In my example, I generated more than 2 files equal to
1MB. But already first file cut the last line. Even
join with the second file, the last line from first
file is broken and it's not possible to import this
way.

How can I transport more than 35G (just one table) in
one DVD?
Could you help?

Thank you

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/