installation

From: PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: rahul959642(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: installation
Date: 2019-08-28 17:24:08
Lists: pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/install-short.html

i installed postgres using the the source code and by following quick
version given in the official documentation. But in the next session I am
not able to see the directories I created during the installation. Also, the
'postgres' user behaves as one of the system users, even listed among them.
Can someone explain what might have possibly gone wrong? Thanks in advance