Re: WIP: Data at rest encryption

From: Shawn Wang <shawn(dot)wang(at)highgo(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Antonin Houska <ah(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Ants Aasma <ants(dot)aasma(at)eesti(dot)ee>
Subject: Re: WIP: Data at rest encryption
Date: 2019-08-02 06:40:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, passed
Implements feature: tested, failed
Spec compliant: tested, failed
Documentation: not tested

Hi Antonin,
It is very glad to see the new patch. I used the public patches a long time ago.
I did some tests like the stream replication, much data running, temporary files encryption.
I found that there is an issue in the src/backend/storage/file/encryption.c. You should put block_size = EVP_CIPHER_CTX_block_size(ctx); under the #ifdef USE_ASSERT_CHECKING.
There is some problem to merge your patches to the latest kernel in the pg_ctl.c.

Regards,

--
Shawn Wang