Re: Assert !bms_overlap(joinrel->relids, required_outer)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Assert !bms_overlap(joinrel->relids, required_outer)
Date: 2023-06-29 16:16:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> BTW, it seems that extra->sjinfo would always have a valid value here.
> So maybe we do not need to check if it is not NULL explicitly?

Right, I was being conservative but this module expects that to
always be provided.

Pushed with that and defenses added to try_mergejoin_path and
try_hashjoin_path. It looks like the various try_partial_xxx_path
functions already reject cases that could be problematic. (They
will not accept inner parameterization that would lead to the
result being parameterized differently from the outer path.
By induction, that should be fine.)