Re: charset / postmaster doc improv

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: charset / postmaster doc improv
Date: 2004-03-23 04:54:55
Lists: pgsql-patches

> I've applied the attached patch to CVS HEAD. It improves the
> postmaster reference page, the locale / character set docs, adds some
> more cross-references to the locale / character set docs, and makes a
> few minor fixes elsewhere. Any suggestions for future improvement are
> welcome.

Looks good ... one trivial quibble:

> ! This option is equivalent to setting <literal>listen_addresses</> in
> ! <filename>postgresql.conf</>.
> --- 171,185 ----
> ! Specifying this option is equivalent to setting the <xref
> ! linkend="guc-listen-addresses">.

"... setting the listen_addresses" seems a bit too brief to me; in a
medium that doesn't mark up the crossref at all, it'd seem disconnected.
I'd have written at least "the <xref linkend="guc-listen-addresses">
configuration parameter".

Just MHO though, others might see it differently.