Re: ODBC problem

From: Heiko Klein <Heiko(dot)Klein(at)met(dot)no>
To: mark <mark(at)marklonsdale(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC problem
Date: 2002-03-25 09:47:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I don't really understand what you mean by 'tried setting it up ...',
but I asume you meant, you compiled unix-odbc and used my odbc.ini and
odbcinst.ini with pathes changed to your needs.

First step I didn't mention: You need to set up connections via TCP (the
-i switch on startup or change in $PG_DATA/postgresql.conf the
following:
#tcpip_socket = false
tcpip_socket = true

Second step: Make sure libodbc.so is in you LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
/etc/ld.so.conf (on linux).

Third step: put odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini into the $(prefix)/etc
directory

Fourth step: test with isql: isql DB user
or isql DB user password

Fifth step: set up the application you would like to use.

Heiko