Re: [HACKERS] Timeline ID in backup_label file

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Timeline ID in backup_label file
Date: 2017-11-15 14:16:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Michael,

Find my review below.

On 10/26/17 2:03 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback. Attached is a patch to achieve so, I have
> added as well a STOP TIMELINE field in the backup history file. Note
> that START TIMELINE gets automatically into the backup history file.
> Added a CF entry as well.
+ TimeLineID tli1, tli2;

I'm not that excited about these names but don't have any better ideas.

+ if (fscanf(lfp, "START TIMELINE: %u\n", &tli2) == 1)

This didn't work when I tested it (I had intentionally munged the "START
TIMELINE" to produce an error). The problem is the "START TIME" and
"LABEL" lines which are not being read. I added a few fgets() calls and
it worked.

Thanks!
--
-David