MySQL to PostgreSQL conversion

From: "Tim Bruce" <timsnews(at)tbruce(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MySQL to PostgreSQL conversion
Date: 2008-04-18 18:12:39
Lists: pdxpug

Last night at the Lucky Lab I was talking about the utility for converting
MySQL databases to PostgreSQL. The utility is my2pg.pl availble at
http://www.omnistarinc.com/~fonin/projects/

It's also availble from: http://www.omnistarinc.com/~fonin/downloads.php
with a link to the documentation
http://www.omnistarinc.com/~fonin/projects/my2pg/my2pg_man.html

That is where I picked up on the comment of possible issues converting
MySQL date / datetime types. But I can't tell if it's a real bug or not.
I haven't tried it yet....My project for this weekend.

Maybe this is the opportunity with the MySQL announcements....

Tim
--
Timothy J. Bruce

visit my Website at: http://www.tbruce.com