Re: Optimizer choosing the wrong plan

From: Jim Finnerty <jfinnert(at)amazon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Optimizer choosing the wrong plan
Date: 2018-12-29 12:17:33
Lists: pgsql-performance

re: It would interesting if you can upgrade a copy of your server to v11 and
try it there. We made changes to ANALYZE in that version which were
intended to improve this situation, and it would be nice to know if it
actually did so for your case.

Jeff, can you describe the changes that were made to ANALYZE in v11, please?

I've found that running ANALYZE on v10 on the Join Order Benchmark, using
the default statistics target of 100, produces quite unstable results, so
I'd be interested to hear what has been improved in v11.

/Jim

-----
Jim Finnerty, AWS, Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL
--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-performance-f2050081.html