Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums

From: Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
Date: 2018-12-29 10:55:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 28.12.2018, 10:12 +0100 schrieb Magnus Hagander:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 1:14 AM Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> > > Do you think that a thread Would on -packagers be more adapted then?
> >
> > I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand the question. Of course, asking
> > over at -packagers won't hurt, but my guess is the response will be it's
> > not a big deal from the packaging perspective.
>
> I think a heads- up in the way of "planning to change it, now's the
> time to yell" is the reasonable thing.

Renaming applications shouldn't be a problem unless they have to be
moved from one binary package to another. I assume all packagers ship
all client/server binaries in one package, respectively (and not e.g. a
dedicated postgresql-11-pg_test_fsync package), this should only be a
matter of updating package metadata.

In any case, it should be identical to the xlog->wal rename.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Unser Umgang mit personenbezogenen Daten unterliegt
folgenden Bestimmungen: https://www.credativ.de/datenschutz