Re: BUG #3418: Memory leak with sql EXCEPTION?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Viatcheslav Kalinin <vka(at)ipcb(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3418: Memory leak with sql EXCEPTION?
Date: 2007-07-01 17:49:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Viatcheslav Kalinin <vka(at)ipcb(dot)net> writes:
> I've made two cases actually, simple one that I already mentioned about
> in my previous mails and more complex one that I tried to make somewhat
> close to our work case where I first encountered the problem in question.

As I said before, the only memory growth I see in the first one is the
list of subcommitted child XIDs, which we really can't get rid of.

The second one is having problems because of AFTER triggers fired for
the foreign key constraints. That we can improve, as per the attached
patch.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 1.4 KB