BUG #15439: Script Error

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: hic(dot)sunt(dot)dracones(dot)89(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #15439: Script Error
Date: 2018-10-19 00:36:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 15439
Logged by: Hic Sunt Dracones
Email address: hic(dot)sunt(dot)dracones(dot)89(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 11.0
Operating system: Windows 10 x64

Today I tried the latest version (11.0) and because it returned to me an
error, I unninstalled it to get back the previous version (10.5). But this
version had the same behavior: at the installation end of PostgreSQL is
showed a message detailing the error then it continues normally to install
pgAdmin3. Here is the error described in the install log:

Script stderr:

Configuring PostgreSQL as auto start
Executing C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL/pgc config pg10 --autostart on
Script exit code: 1

Script output:
Error running config-pg10

Script stderr:
usage: usage: config-pg10.py [-h] [--port PORT] [--autostart={on,off}]
[--datadir DATADIR] [--logdir LOGDIR]
[--svcname SVCNAME]
config-pg10.py: error: argument --autostart: expected one argument

Error running C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL/pgc config pg10 --autostart on:
usage: usage: config-pg10.py [-h] [--port PORT] [--autostart={on,off}]
[--datadir DATADIR] [--logdir LOGDIR]
[--svcname SVCNAME]
config-pg10.py: error: argument --autostart: expected one argument
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error running C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL/pgc config pg10 --autostart on:
usage: usage: config-pg10.py [-h] [--port PORT] [--autostart={on,off}]
[--datadir DATADIR] [--logdir LOGDIR]
[--svcname SVCNAME]
config-pg10.py: error: argument --autostart: expected one argument

To solve that, for the version 10.5 I just opened the cmd prompt in postgres
installation folder and runned (as Admin) the following code:

> pgc config pg10 --autostart=on

Seemingly, it was missing the signal " = ".
Before it, I tried the same process with version 11.0, the service was
correctly created, but pgAdmin3 didn't work very well. It was showing a lot
of errors when creating connections, databases, tables...