Objects without schema

From: PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: jobyjc(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Objects without schema
Date: 2018-11-29 17:27:58
Lists: pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/ddl-schemas.html

In the last section of the document it says 'If you need to work with those
systems, then maximum portability would be achieved by not using schemas at
all.'.
But how do we achieve this? If I am not mistaken, all objects(like tables)
created in the database need to be created under one schema.

Thanks,
Joby