Data Corruption Errors

From: "Ferrell, Denise SDC" <denise(dot)ferrell(at)sdc-world(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Data Corruption Errors
Date: 2018-09-27 12:39:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

Using Linux/PostgreSQL 9.5 & setup on a VM.

I'm receiving the following errors during an insert using a function but this does not happen every time. When this does occur the database/system is unavailable until the processes are killed or the service is restarted.

"LOG: server process (PID xxxxx) was terminated by signal 9: Killed
DETAIL: Failed process was running
select insert_data ($1, $2,....)
WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT: In a moment you should be able to reconnect ....
LOG: connection received
FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode"

The last 2 lines are repeated and logging is not available.

How can I determine data/table/shared memory corruption?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

D. Ferrell