Re: Loaded footgun open_datasync on Windows

From: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Loaded footgun open_datasync on Windows
Date: 2018-08-06 13:45:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Munro wrote:
> It looks like initdb is failing with this patch:
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/build/1.0.6732
>
> Unfortunately cfbot is not clever enough to print out the contents of
> the initdb log so I don't have any more information...

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been near a Windows machine lately.

Thanks for poking me, there was indeed a problem:
Now you have to tell initdb to open the PKI file as text file.

Attached is an updated patch.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Use-pgwin32_open-in-frontend-code-on-Windows_V2.patch text/x-patch 2.4 KB