user issue

From: PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: terence(dot)sibley(at)yahoo(dot)com
Subject: user issue
Date: 2018-08-02 18:06:16
Lists: pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/tutorial-createdb.html

I ran "createdb mydb" but putting in my password I got "createdb: could not
connect to database template1: FATAL: password authentication failed for
user '(LOCAL USER)' "
Running "createdb -U postgres mydb" works with my password. Installation
seems to have created the user postgres without warning, but cmd and psql
both assume local user as default.