regarding dblink_fdw

From: PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: mgridinas(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: regarding dblink_fdw
Date: 2018-08-01 10:10:52
Lists: pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/contrib-dblink-connect.html

Hi.

I was trying to use dblink_fdw as provided by
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/contrib-dblink-connect.html,
though I managed to come into few issues:

* dblink_fdw data wrapper does not seem to be available by default with
postgresql10
* dblink_fdw extension does not seem to be distributed with postgresql10
* dblink_fdw extension does not seem to be mentioned in appendix F.
Additional Supplied Modules.

Are there any extra steps that should be done before you can create servers
using that data wrapper extension?