Re: BUG #3606: Query Plan Failure or Index Corruption?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "David Tulloss" <dtulloss(at)computersoftwareinc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3606: Query Plan Failure or Index Corruption?
Date: 2007-09-07 20:04:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"David Tulloss" <dtulloss(at)computersoftwareinc(dot)com> writes:
> I am operating under the assumption that we have an index corruption because
> things work upon restore and then degrade under usage.

It sounds much more like you're not vacuuming often enough and/or don't
have max_fsm_pages set high enough. However, without a lot more details
than you have provided here, we can only speculate. If you think there
is an actual bug involved, please read the reporting guidelines at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/bug-reporting.html