BUG #15286: BEFORE or AFTER not working while adding values for existing enums

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: nivruth_n(at)yahoo(dot)com
Subject: BUG #15286: BEFORE or AFTER not working while adding values for existing enums
Date: 2018-07-20 04:52:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 15286
Logged by: Nivruth Nandigam
Email address: nivruth_n(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 10.4
Operating system: Windows

Hi there,

I'm trying to modify an existing enum and use the BEFORE or AFTER feature to
add a value in between the existing values but I'm noticing that the values
are only being added to the enum in the end. Please look into this and fix
this as soon as possible. The query I'm using is

alter type my_enum add value 'second' after 'one;