Suggested query editor improvements: Tabs and Indentation

From: <palmerj(at)xtra(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Suggested query editor improvements: Tabs and Indentation
Date: 2006-09-19 23:36:29
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

I work really appreciate a few features in the query editor for Tabs and
Indentation:

1/ Set whether indentation should use tab or spaces
2/ Set the tab width
3/ Set the spaces per indent
4/ Have an auto-indent scheme. One I enjoy using is indents to the first
non-empty column. (I think the Scintilla SCI_GETCOLUMN should be able to help
with this).

Note: I see 1.6 has the "indent characters" option. However if feature 1 is implemented then this work also need to be replaced by 2 and 3 I think. Also I have noticed that the current "indent characters" option only works for the first indent. When you insert 2 tabs the indent will be replaced by 1 tab character (when using indent characters of 4).

Cheers
Jeremy