PostgreSql Server Problem

From: "kallol(at)aworkflow(dot)com" <kallol(at)aworkflow(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSql Server Problem
Date: 2003-03-26 04:24:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I am facing this problem when I start the PostgreSql database server and
query any of the database.
What might the problem? Is there any configuration settings that I might
have missed out? Please help.

-

bwicdb=# select * from batch_instance;
FATAL 2: open of /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_clog/0C81 failed: No such
file or directory
FATAL 2: open of /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_clog/0C81 failed: No such
file or directory
This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or
while processing the

request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: DEBUG: server
process (pid 1328) exited

with exit code 2
DEBUG: terminating any other active server processes
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died
abnormally and possibly

corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to
terminate your database system

connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died
abnormally and possibly

corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to
terminate your database system

connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
Failed.
!# DEBUG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory
and semaphores

IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1441792, 03600) failed: Not
enough core

This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared memory
segment exceeded available

memory or swap space.
To reduce the request size (currently 1441792 bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's
shared_buffers

parameter (currently 64) and/or
its max_connections parameter (currently 32).

The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about shared
memory configuration.
-

Eagerly awaiting a reply.

Thanks and Regards,