Re: Primary key error in INFORMATION_SCHEMA views

From: SQLpro <sqlpro(at)sqlspot(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Primary key error in INFORMATION_SCHEMA views
Date: 2018-05-24 08:01:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Tom,

For a DBMS which loudly proclaims to be the most respectful of the SQL
standard, not being able to use the INFORMATION_SCHEMA views because of such
an error seems to me to go against its philosophy.

Can not you change that by adding a configuration parameter, for a future
version, that would allow you to apply these views more strictly?

More pragmatically, what good can these views serve if we can not use them
properly without bug? Better to remove them if you choose not to fix this
bug …

A +

-----
Frédéric BROUARD - Data Architect - Paris / PACA, France - SARL SQL SPOT
Teacher : CNAM PACA, ISEN Toulon, CESI/EXIA Aix en Provence, EPITA Paris
Expert on SQL and Relational DBMS : Microsoft SQL Server / PostGreSQL...
My French site about SQL language and RDBMS http://sqlpro.developpez.com
The books I wrote : https://www.amazon.fr/Frédéric-Brouard/e/B004MQ3NVQ
--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-bugs-f2117394.html