Re: [GENERAL] Is my MySQL Gaining ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tony <tony(at)unihost(dot)net>
Cc: Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar(at)myrealbox(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date: 2003-12-29 16:11:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Tony <tony(at)unihost(dot)net> writes:
> ... I DO believe however that a decent introduction to
> the more important concepts (Triggers, Fkeys, Stored Proc, Views) that
> people from lesser systems (MySQL, Access) may not be familiar with.
> What they do, how they help, and why they are generally a good thing.
> This intro would probably fit either in the tutorial or in the User Guide.

Many of these subjects already *are* covered in the Tutorial. Just
looking in the 7.4 table of contents, I see

3. Advanced Features
3.1. Introduction
3.3. Foreign Keys
3.4. Transactions
3.5. Inheritance
3.6. Conclusion

The discussions are skimpy and could use fleshed out a little, no doubt.
(Anyone who wants to contribute material is surely welcome to.)

BTW, there is a separate mailing list pgsql-docs for those who want to
work on documentation.