Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?
Date: 2007-05-13 17:03:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
> Unless that has somehow got screwed up I can't see how Tom's theory of a
> possibly left over .bki file can stand up.

Well, I tried inserting a .bki file from April 30 into a HEAD
installation, and that made it dump core during bootstrap, so that
offhand theory was wrong.

However, when I run the HEAD regression tests against that entire
April 30 installation tree, I can duplicate the baiji regression diffs
almost exactly --- the polymorphism test fails for me where it succeeds
on baiji, which I think indicate that baiji has the patch I applied on
May 1 for SQL function inlining.

So I now state fairly confidently that baiji is failing to overwrite
*any* of the installation tree, /share and /bin both, and instead is
testing an installation dating from sometime between May 1 and May 11.
Have there been any recent changes in either the buildfarm script or
the MSVC install code that might have changed where the install is
supposed to go?