Proposal: BSD Authentication support

From: Marisa Emerson <mje(at)insec(dot)sh>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Proposal: BSD Authentication support
Date: 2016-01-07 13:03:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I would like to add support for BSD authentication, used on OpenBSD. BSD authentication works similarly to PAM and allows authentication using local accounts.

We use OpenBSD on our Postgres servers at work.

I have attached an initial implementation of the proposal.

Cheers,
Marisa Emerson

Attachment Content-Type Size
bsd_auth.patch application/octet-stream 7.0 KB