Re: Re: Call for platforms

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mathijs Brands <mathijs(at)ilse(dot)nl>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jeff Duffy <jduffy(at)greatbridge(dot)com>, PgSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Call for platforms
Date: 2001-03-27 20:44:08
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Mathijs Brands <mathijs(at)ilse(dot)nl> writes:
> Even if you fix this it won't work (I tried it). Robert mailed
> why. Check the URL below for more information. It crashes on semctl :(

> http://freeware.sgi.com/shared/howto.html#b1

Ugh. Given the semctl compatibility problem, I suspect we'd better note
in the platform list that IRIX is only supported for cc, not gcc.

The other uncomfy-looking thing on that page is the very first item,
about configure scripts picking up libraries that they'd best not.
(I have seen similar issues on HPUX, although they were relatively
easy to get around.) We might need to do some more hacking on our
configure script to make it play nice on IRIX.