Re: Kerberos authentication, Active Directory, and PostgreSQL

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Turner, Ian" <Ian(dot)Turner(at)deshaw(dot)com>
Cc: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Silverman, Richard" <res(at)deshaw(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Kerberos authentication, Active Directory, and PostgreSQL
Date: 2009-10-14 16:42:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Turner, Ian" <Ian(dot)Turner(at)deshaw(dot)com> writes:
>> I'll rename it to PG_MAX_AUTH_TOKEN_LENGTH, unless someone has a better
>> suggestion.

> If we are not changing this for all authentication schemes, then the name should probably reflect that this is for GSS and SSPI only (not even KRB5).

Then we'd have to rename the symbol anytime we applied it to some new
auth scheme. The original naming complaint reflected a concern that
the symbol looked like it was supplied by the system headers, rather
than being of Postgres origin. Heikki's suggestion deals with that,
and I think it's fine as-is.