Re: Add default role 'pg_access_server_files'

From: Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Add default role 'pg_access_server_files'
Date: 2018-01-07 07:17:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, passed
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: not tested
Documentation: tested, passed

I ran make installcheck-world and all tests passed except one that is a known issue with the way I have my environment setup (ecpg tests unrelated to this patch).

Manual tests I ran to see if it Implements the Feature:

1) confirmed that superuser can call pg_read_file() to read files in or out of data directory
2) confirmed that "tester" can call pg_read_file() only if given EXECUTE privilege
3) confirmed that "tester" can only call pg_read_file() on a file OUTSIDE of the data directory iff I "grant pg_access_server_files to tester;"

Documentation seems reasonable.

I believe this patch to be Ready for Committer.

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer