Re: How to Works with Centos

From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Benyamin Guedj <benyamin621(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: avital(at)twingo(dot)co(dot)il
Subject: Re: How to Works with Centos
Date: 2018-01-02 13:43:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Mon, 2017-12-25 at 16:39 +0200, Benyamin Guedj wrote:
> Is working with the default distribution’s version (9.2) really the “best
> practice”, even though it is no longer supported?

Red Hat / CentOS also provides PostgreSQL 9.6 (and 9.5, IIRC), via SCL. I mean,
those versions are also "supported" by them.

As mentioned in this thread, the community RPMs are also a (better) option,
because you can install multiple versions at the same time.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com