Re: [sqlsmith] Planner crash on foreign table join

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [sqlsmith] Planner crash on foreign table join
Date: 2017-04-08 21:09:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk> writes:
> "Tom" == Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> Tom> Experimentation shows that actually, the standard regression tests
> Tom> provide dozens of opportunities for find_relation_from_clauses to
> Tom> fail on non-RestrictInfo input. However, it lacks any IsA check,

> In a discussion with Andres on the hash grouping sets review thread, I
> proposed that we should have something of the form

> #define lfirst_node(_type_, l) (castNode(_type_,lfirst(l)))

That seems like a fairly good idea. A significant fraction of the
existing castNode() calls are being applied to lfirst(something),
and this would shorten that idiom a bit.

There's another noticeable fraction that are being applied to
linitial(something), but I'm not sure if defining linitial_node()
is worth the trouble.