Re: inefficient loop in StandbyReleaseLockList()

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: bossartn(at)amazon(dot)com
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, andres(at)anarazel(dot)de, sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: inefficient loop in StandbyReleaseLockList()
Date: 2021-11-02 15:35:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've pushed the SyncPostCheckpoint change, and I think I'm going
to stop here. It's not clear that the remaining list_delete_first
callers have any real problem; and changing them would be complex.
We can revisit the question if we find out there is an issue.
Or, if somebody else wants to pursue the issue, feel free.