Re: Try to fix endless loop in ecpg with informix mode

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: 高增琦 <pgf00a(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Try to fix endless loop in ecpg with informix mode
Date: 2017-11-02 07:25:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I am afraid the changes may separate "7.a" to "7" and "a", then error
> out
> with "invalid input syntax for type int" for "a".

Which is correct, is it not?

> How about changes as below? (use following the if to decide true or
> false)
> return false;
> + } while (isdigit(**scan_length));

Yes, this is certainly correct and better than what I committed. What
was I thinking yesterday?

I think the same function is used for identifying garbage in floats
which might ask for different logic. Let me check.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org