Re: RC1 core dumps in initdb on Solaris 2.6

From: Pete Forman <pete(dot)forman(at)westerngeco(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RC1 core dumps in initdb on Solaris 2.6
Date: 2001-03-28 09:44:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane writes:
> Pete Forman <pete(dot)forman(at)westerngeco(dot)com> writes:
> > The regression test is failing early on, during initdb. The core
> > file indicates that there is a SIGBUS. Hopefully the bugs fixed
> > as a result of the "More bogus alignment assumptions" thread will
> > sort things out.
>
> Sure looks like this is the same issue reported (and fixed) before.
> Would you try it with current CVS or last night's snapshot tarball?

Yes, it is fixed in the snapshot of 2001-03-27, as is the earlier bug
in pg_backup_null.c. All tests passed.

I've registered the result via the web form though the report is not
accurate. Can somebody update the Remarks or Version field to
indicate that I was using a snapshot rather than RC1 OOTB.
--
Pete Forman -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco -./\.- by myself and does not represent