Re: very slow after a while...

From: "Costin Manda" <siderite(at)madnet(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: very slow after a while...
Date: 2005-04-06 12:24:31
Lists: pgsql-general

I think I found the problem. I was comparing wrongly some values and
based on that, every time the script was run (that means once every 5
minutes) my script deleted two tables and populated them with about 70
thousand records.

I still don't know why that affected the speed of the database (even
when the script was not running) and how to fix it. I have a script that
vacuums full and reindexes the database every day. Is there something
else I must do?

E-Mail powered by MadNet.
http://www.madnet.ro/