concerning rserv Re[2]: PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)rdw(dot)ru>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: concerning rserv Re[2]: PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org
Date: 2002-10-02 07:31:41
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Greetings, Justin!

At 02.10.2002, 6:07, you wrote:

>> IIRC there is now a replication solution in contrib/ I've never used
>> it though. So you can perhaps cut the "available commercially" There
>> might be other commercial offerings I know nothing about.

JC> Good point. Althought the /contrib/rserv version doesn't work for
JC> PostgreSQL 7.2.x (have tried), there is still Usogres and stuff. Will
JC> update that. :)

In fact, contrib/rserv works quite well, I've been using it for half a year
already. There are gotchas, of course:
1) It does not work out of the box. Its build process was broken
some time ago. I tried to submit a patch for this, but had hard
time pushing it through the same developer who broke it. Well,
maybe I will at last be able to produce something that will please
him and it will be in 7.3.x
2) There is no coherent documentation for the package. Well, maybe
I should write some based on my experience. :]
3) If you dump/restore a DB with contrib/rserv, you'll need to do
some manual tweaking to its tables.

--
Ñ óâàæåíèåì, Àëåêñåé Áîðçîâ
îòäåë èíòåðíåò-ïðîåêòîâ ÎÎÎ "ÐÄÂ-Ìåäèà"