Re: 2016-01 Commitfest

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: 2016-01 Commitfest
Date: 2016-02-03 17:32:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> A number of patches still remain in the current commitfest. 11 of them
> are marked as "ready for committer" so supposedly some committer should
> grab them and push them.

The "SET ROLE hook" patch should be moved to RWF state; it's not going
to be committed in anything like its current form, per the last two
messages in that thread.

The reason the "remove wal_level archive" patch hasn't been committed
is that there is just about zero consensus on whether it's a good idea.
I don't see that getting resolved soon, and would not expect that it
will get committed in this CF. Don't know what action is appropriate
on the CF entry, but RFC status seems misleading.

Heikki and/or Andres have their names on three of the remaining RFC
patches; it's unlikely any other committer will touch those patches
unless they take their names off.