postmaster.exe removed in 8.2

From: jcvdm(at)webmail(dot)co(dot)za
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postmaster.exe removed in 8.2
Date: 2006-12-12 12:27:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

Applies: Windows and 8.2

I wrote a little c++ procedure to verify whether a current installation is
present on a machine. I tested for the version of postmaster.exe in the
bin directory under the base dir. The problem is that 8.2 does not have a
postmaster.exe in the bin directory on my machine. A problem with my
installation or a change from 8.1 to 8.2 ?

Regards

Joe