Re: BUG #6727: Column does not exist exception has no error code

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: tuckerpmt(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6727: Column does not exist exception has no error code
Date: 2012-07-11 17:43:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

tuckerpmt(at)gmail(dot)com writes:
> The SQLException that is thrown when performing a query that has a column
> name that is not valid, does not exist, does not contain an error
> code.

Could you provide a specific example? When I try this I see an error
code, 42703:

regression=# \set VERBOSITY verbose
regression=# select nosuchcol from int8_tbl;
ERROR: 42703: column "nosuchcol" does not exist
LINE 1: select nosuchcol from int8_tbl;
^
LOCATION: transformColumnRef, parse_expr.c:766

There may indeed be someplace where the errcode was forgotten, but
without a concrete example it's hard to find where.