Re: Backend crashes in 7.0.3

From: Dirk Lutzebaeck <lutzeb(at)aeccom(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backend crashes in 7.0.3
Date: 2000-12-27 09:54:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane writes:
> Dirk Lutzebaeck <lutzeb(at)aeccom(dot)com> writes:
> > It may be that there is some kernel corruption appearing here. I'm
> > using kernel nfs on Linux 2.2.10 with a Solaris8 i86pc client. I saw
> > some weird NFS error messages on the Linux system which are related to
> > the solaris client. I suspect the kernel nfs daemon corrupting memory
> > areas where postgres shared mem resides. I'm currently trying to dig more into
> > the problem. Could this be possible?
>
> Seems like a bizarre theory. In particular, why would 7.0.3 be affected
> and not 7.0.2?

Sorry, it seems I was on the wrong track. It has nothing do to with
NFS, I just panicked... I'm currently looking into ApacheDBI a modperl
utility to reuse open db connections. In any case the backend messages
are odd. It seems I misunderstand ApacheDBI loosing a DB connection
with a backend crash.

Dirk