Re: ecpg problem in 7.4 beta

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: ecpg problem in 7.4 beta
Date: 2003-08-07 13:51:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> OK, I think I can fix this. The include of postgres_fe.h was done
> recently:

> revision 1.54
> date: 2003/08/01 13:53:36; author: petere; state: Exp; lines: +4 -2
> Make ecpg SQLSTATE-aware. Map existing SQLCODE assignments to SQLSTATEs,
> rather than parsing the message. Add some documentation about embedded
> SQL.

> It seems like doing postgres_fe.h rather than postgres_ext.h was just an
> oversight, so I will make the change in CVS.

I think you will break things if you do. It's unlikely Peter changed
that on a whim --- ecpg probably now requires more than it did before.

I am not sure that we want to start treating postgres_fe.h as a public
header though --- if we do, that means also c.h and perhaps other stuff.
This needs some thought.